Every year I am asked the question, "how do you find time to have a race team and fund raise?" I am certainly busy, working full-time with a husband, toddler and two dogs; things can get a little crazy at our house.
My answer..."I don't know." I don't really think about it, I just do it.
So many of us are busy, and not just busy but really swamped! So how do you find time participate and fund raise for Susan G Komen Race for the Cure?
Here are a few suggestions to help get you started with this year's Susan G Komen Milwaukee Race for the Cure:
1.) Register online in advance of race day and you can skip the lines!
2.) Join a team or pair up with a buddy
- This is a like exercise - having someone else to keep you in check helps a lot!
3.) Don't be afraid to ask for support from friends or family
- You never know how much support you will receive until you ask
- People get busy and forget, it is OK to remind friends and family of your race participation
4.) Set a goal for your fundraising efforts
- Come up with a challenging, yet achievable amount
- Focus your efforts around this goal
5.) Participate in the celebratory aspects of race day
- Enjoy the post race festivities
- Involve yourself in the moment and the feeling of community created amongst all of the race participants
Have suggestions or tips for fund raising and making the most out of the race day, respond with your thoughts and feedback.
Cheers to survivorship,