The 15 Faces of Komen Southeast Wisconsin represent a diverse group of individuals, each who have been touched by breast cancer, whose stories include everything from losing a young wife and the struggles of no health insurance. The 15 individuals include:
- 10 survivors, including two who started their own non-profit helping others with breast cancer and two Komen board members;
- Four co-survivors including a seven-year-old child and a man who lives with the loss of his wife;
- One scientist dedicating his work to find a cure;
- Three volunteers who share Komen Southeast Wisconsin’s promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever.
- The founder of the Komen Southeast Wisconsin affiliate who unfortunately lost her battle with breast cancer but whose vision for our community lives on.